Location: From Ramganj Chopper to Badi Chopper, Jaipur
Market in Existence: 35 Years
No of Vendors: 135
Business: Clothes, Fruit Juice, Shoes etc.
Name of the Association: Jaipur Shahar Footpath Vyavsay Sudhar Union
Office Bearers: Gopal Lal Ji Gurjar (President), Mohammad Zameer Khan (9413676486, Vice President), Durga Das Ji (Treasurer), Govind Rijhwani (Secretary)
- About 15 years ago this market was known as “CHOR GUDARI” and vendors used to sit on on footpath about 10 years ago.
- At the end of the day, vendors keep their goods in permanent shops alongside the road for which they pay.
- The association was formed 15 years ago when the authorities tried to evict them.
- They have been demanding for permanent place for long time.
- The authorities tried to evict those 10 to 12 years ago but the association got stay order from court and so the authorities couldn’t evict them.
- Rain is the biggest problem for them. When it starts raining they have to pack their clothes and run.
- The association has been demanding for permanent place in Aatish Market, Seekar House or Pavan market.
Study done by: Ishu Goyal, Jain Vishva Bharati University, Ladnun on May 18, 2010