Location: Choti Chopper, Jaipur
Market in Existence: 25 Years
No of Vendors: 120 – 150
Total shop: 30
Association: No but Mr. Madan Lal Saini is their leader (9928091395)
- The street vendors here are vending on the footpath and on stalls for a very long time and do not have identity card or license.
- They purchase flowers from the Janta Market, Chandpole in whole sale and sale here in retail.
- 5 years ago the vendors were relocated at Rang Manch but their business was affected so they came back to this place.
- The authorities issue them Challans.
- The vendors are ready to relocate to some other convenient place where they could run their business.
- They have been going to meet authorities to raise their demand for permanent place.
- On 13 May 2008 there was serial bomb blast in Jaipur including the place and the vendors had lost business for long time.
- The fear of losing livelihood in case of eviction is the biggest hurdle for growth of their business.
Study done by: Ishu Goyal, Jain Vishva Bharati University, Ladnun on May 24, 2010