|Location: SFS, Agarwal Farm, Mansarovar
Market in Existence: 10 Years
No of Vendors: 40
Business: Fruits and vegetables vendors
Association: Yes, Kisan Sabji Mandi Samiti
Members of association :
- Tara Chandra Saini
- Tota Ram Sharma
- Kailash Chandra Saini
- The vendors have to roam from place to place on the street to sell their goods.
- They were allotted a place in Mansarovar area which was not suitable for the market and the rent was very high according to their income. So the relocation was a problem for these street vendors.
- They earn profit of around Rs 300 per day which is their only of income for their family.
- The residents associations of some areas have given them permission to sell vegetables but some residents association don’t allow to enter their areas so they put the market on road that creates traffic jam and problem to the people living there.
- The police cooperate with vendors as they have permission from the residents associations.
- Vendors believe that the main reason for traffic jam is lack of parking place in the area.
- They go place to place for selling vegetables on a fixed day every week. Monday they go to Trivani Nagar, Sunday at Mira Marg, Mansarovar. Saturday and Wednesday at SFS, Mansarovar. Tuesday and Friday at V.T. road.
- Vendors don’t pay any amount to any one for vending at those places where they set up weekly markets.
- They were tried to relocate to the newly constructed Jhoole Lal market near Shipra Path. But the prices were very high for the shops. The vendors were supposed to pay amount of Rs 65000/- for allotment and then 120 instalments of Rs 5500/-. However, they would still like to move to a convenient place if the price is reasonable and at a place is suitable for market.
Study done by: Prasansha, IPS Business School, Jaipur on 19.Feb.2010