Market in Existence: 30 Years
No of Vendors: 100
Business: Chat and Fast foods, Vegetable, Fruits, Plastic items, Tobacco & Pan, Fruit Juice, Tea, Toy etc.
Contacts of some Vendors:
- Mr. Laxmi Narayan 09351713303
- The main problem is the Challans issued by Jaipur Development Authority. Vendors say that they are Challaned much higher than what probably should be. Also at times they are Challaned without a reason so vendors also look for bribing officers and settle down. Vendors say that they don’t go for getting their ceased goods or weighing machine because it takes time and more money at times than the cost of goods ceased.
- The vendors are harassed more when VIPs are passing by on the raod. The vendors say that during that time the traffic policemen behave very rudely to them.
- Vendors say that around five years ago they had to pay Rs 5/- to 10/- regularly to local police but now they aren’t paying any such amount to anyone.
- Most of the vendors agree to relocate unanimously. They even agree to pay some affordable amount for permanent space. However, there only concern is viability of business.
Study done by: Jabid Quraishi, IPS Business School, Jaipur on 19.Feb.2010